The Regional Municipality of York
Newmarket - Canada
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada's fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you'll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it's important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
OFFICE OF THE BUDGET
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Full-Time, Salary $43.14 - $46.88 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Budget Coordination, is responsible for providing quantitative analysis and research supporting the long-term fiscal planning or multi-year budget efforts of the Region; and developing, updating and maintaining the financial models.
• Successful completion of a Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related discipline or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a large multi-divisional organization including experience in modelling, forecasting, research, analysis, budgets, economic indicators, and project management.
• Demonstrated understanding of computerized economic and financial forecasting models incorporating econometric analysis such as multiple and non-linear regression methods or computer programming.
• Knowledge of relevant regulations, guidelines, procedures, standards and legislation.
• Knowledge of financial and economic principles and practices.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer services, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Intermediate/advanced skills in quantitative and statistical analysis.
• Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, database, presentation and wordprocessing software.
• Ability to identify areas for constructive change and communicate issues and potential solutions to management.
• Ability to attend at offsite locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
• Ability to work outside regular hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by July 10, 2014, quoting competition #15885. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.