Junior Macroeconomic Analyst
Connolly Insight LP
New York - United States
Economic Analyst at a specialist macroeconomic and geopolitical consultancy that provides financial market research to a global client base. Analyst will collaborate with rest of the team in conducting primary research, data mining and statistical analysis. Will have the opportunity to contribute to published research pieces. We prefer individuals who have a strong Macroeconomics background and have demonstrated an interest in Emerging Economies. The ideal candidate will have a quantitative bent (math/statistics/programming) and a familiarity with financial concepts, asset pricing and basic statistics. Position is based in Manhattan. Applicant must be US citizen.
• MA in Economics/Statistics/Finance. Will consider candidates with strong track record, BA (Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting) with AT LEAST 2 years of experience in a related field.
• Individual must have a proven interest in economic research; prior experience in economic research or financial services.
• Practical knowledge of econometrics and statistical modeling.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
• Financial analysis experience – ability to download data from variety of sources: i.e. BIS, IMF, etc…
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and function independently.
• Strong problem-solving, mathematical and analytical skills.
Competitive- based on experience. Generous benefits package includes full medical and dental insurance coverage. 4 weeks vacation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for employment, please submit your cover letter, resume including salary information by clicking Apply below.
FOR YOUR PRIVACY AND PROTECTION, when applying for a job:
- Never give your bank account information or engage in any financial transaction
- If you suspect an advert is not genuine or relevant for economists please report it to us