Senior Economist - Economics Analyst
Dallas - United States
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Economist is responsible for building and maintaining economic modeling systems and contributing to regional forecasts and publications and other ad hoc economics publications.
Successful incumbents possess business acumen, demonstrate creativity and interpersonal savvy, make timely decisions, have excellent presentation and planning skills.
The Senior Economist position is located at Comerica Bank Tower, 1717 Main Street, Dallas, TX and reports to the Senior Vice President, Chief Economist.
Manage forecasting systems and other technical systems
· Responsible for design and implementation of regional economic forecasting models and other technical systems.
· Develop econometric equations for inclusion in economic forecasting models.
· Support model validation process through testing and documentation.
· Coordinate use of regional economic outputs for stress testing
Economic Forecasting and other technical operations
· Manage regional monthly forecasting cycle for Comerica Economics.
· Develop expertise in regional economies and forecast regional economic activity
· Coordinate all regional economic analysis, including proprietary indexes
· Support other projects within the Comerica Economics Department
· Write regional economic analysis.
· Contribute to other Comerica Economics publications including the U.S. Economic Monthly.
· Develop new Comerica Economics publications, including an expanded set of regional publications and other industry focused publications
· Enhance Comerica Economics publications, including regional publications
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Less than 10% travel is required ofthis position.
- Master's degree or ABD (all but dissertation), PhD from an accredited university in economics or a similar field
- 2 years experience in applied econometrics, economic modeling and forecasting
- 2 years experience with Eviews or similar statistical analysis software