Long Beach Community College District
Long Beach - United States
S: $65,624.42 - $85,459.41 Annual
Long Beach Community College District
$65,624.42 - $85,459.41 Annually
Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Mathematics & Engineering
12/9/2016 4:00 PM Pacific
Long Beach Community College District is currently seeking one (1) full-time tenure track Accounting Instructor commencing with the 2017 fall semester. The primary teaching assignment involves teaching a variety of courses in the Accounting field. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development.
The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of Long Beach Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of Accounting.
• Master's in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
• Bachelor's in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis AND Master's in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR meet equivalent qualifications established by the District, AND
• (Note: A bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline)
• Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understand of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• CPA Certification
• At least three years of recent experience teaching accounting to college students, especially at the community college.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as an accounting practitioner.
• Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Evidence of an ability to address the instructional needs of a diverse and frequently underprepared student populations taking a wide range of accounting courses.
• Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of accounting.
• Desire and demonstrated ability to participate actively in department, division, and college committees and in the shared governance of Long Beach City College.
• Desire and evidence of an ability to take on leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
• Commitment to the Mission and Strategic Objectives of Long Beach Community College District.
• Ability to work with computers, and use the Internet and interactive technologies to engage students in on-campus and online courses (where academically appropriate); and intrinsic motivation and ability to develop and teach online courses.
The College seeks candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success. The position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies:
• Assume leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
• Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college, and community.
• Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
• Participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
• Participation in curriculum and program development.
• Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
• Participation in ongoing professional development.
• Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
• Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
• Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
• Ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on campus and on-line courses.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Salary range of $65,624 - $85,459 is commensurate with academic preparation and experience. The District provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee. Salary Schedule - 1
The deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m. PST, December 9, 2016. Application materials must be electronically submitted and materials uploaded by the applicant. Placement files/Interfolio will not be accepted. Only complete applications will be considered. A complete Application includes:
• A Long Beach Community College District Online Application.
• A cover letter outlining your education and experience relevant to this position.
• A current resume or curriculum vitae.
• 3 letters of reference (non-confidential – as attachment)
• Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division, and graduate level college/university course work with the degree conferral date shown (need not be official – as attachment). The conferral date must be on or before the position closing date and the school name must be visible.
• Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES). NACES
• Applicants who do not meet the Statewide Minimum Qualifications for this discipline as cited Minimum Qualifications will need to consult the equivalency statement for the discipline at Equivalency Statement and submit a Supplemental Equivalency Application
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office for assistance or call 562.938.4372.
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
The community of Long Beach is a wonderful blend of big city and sea-side town. California's 5th largest city conveniently borders Los Angeles and Orange County and is known for its rich heritage celebrating the cultural arts, athletics, tourism, community and civic opportunities. Long Beach is a culturally diverse community of nearly 500,000 that was recently named one of the "100 Best Communities for Young People" by America's Promise.
Apply Now At: http://apptrkr.com/917984