CASE Center for Social and Economic Research
Warsaw - Poland
S: to be negotiated
CASE is seeking an Economist/Senior Economist
CASE is a fast-paced think-tank comprised of economists, communications professionals, and business development experts. As our office is seeing incredible success in attracting projects from the public and private sector, we are urgently in need of an Economist/Senior Economist who would work for us for a period of at least 2 years to help contribute to our team.
• Work on multiple research-based initiatives in line with CASE strategic priorities;
• Expand business opportunities via the preparation of proposals ant networking with various international and Polish donors;
• Manage and deliver complex projects to quality, cost, and time standards;
• Quality control of applications and budget;
• Assist project teams during the conceptualization and execution of different research projects, including data analysis, statistical and econometric interpretation, drafting of analytical papers, etc.;
• Support the research team and application team in writing research proposals;
• Provide help in the conceptualization and implementation of a new database and modeling capacity.
Skills and Experience:
• Education: MA in Economics or equivalent + 2 year scientific working experience at the least;
• Good knowledge of quantitative methods of research in economics;
• Advanced computer skills, knowledge of and experience with major statistical and database packages (STATA, SPSS, E-views and MS Excel, MS Access or equivalent);
• Macroeconomic modeling (in that DSGE, CGE) would be an asset;
• Very good knowledge of English;
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and in fast-paced teams;
• Public speaking skills;
• Problem-solving abilities and ability to multi-task and work flexibly in a changing environment;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit;
• Interest in fiscal policy and taxes would be a great asset.
CASE pays a competitive salary and has a bonus scheme in place for its researchers. (+health insurance, +Multisport)
Please submit a CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2017.