Market Analyst / Business Economist
Numera Analytics Inc.
Montreal - Canada
Who we are
Numera Analytics is a global provider of advanced business research and analysis. Our in-house economists, sectoral analysts, mathematicians and IT specialists ensure that our clients receive timely and reliable information that is delivered in the format best suited to their needs. Our team operates as an extension of our clients' own business intelligence efforts. We help connect the dots between the developments in the real economy, the manufacturing sector, the commodity markets and the end-use markets that drive each sector.
As a Market Analyst/Business Economist working in our Montreal office, your primary mandate will be to track, analyze, forecast and report on key factors and developments impacting specific industrial sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Researching, collecting and analyzing statistics and information on key factors and trends impacting companies in a given sector;
- Assessing aspects such as supply and demand, market projections, economic environments and manufacturing technologies and their combined impact into context;
- Forecasting trends and developing engaging and informative reports and presentations to relay findings to senior level managers for improved decision-making;
- Serving as a trusted client contact while delivering consummate customer service and relationship management;
- Presenting to client groups.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A proactive, self-reliant person who enjoys working with numbers and takes a great deal of pride in their work, while paying sharp attention to details;
- An organized and strategic thinker who can analyze a wide variety of factors and focus on micro details without losing sight of the bigger picture;
- A people-oriented, team player capable of working effectively both alone and as part of a small group;
- Able to quickly adapt to new objectives, adjust priorities accordingly and perform under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- An effective communicator who can apply strong writing, reporting and presentation skills to effectively relay findings in a compelling and engaging manner.
- Master's degree in Economics or MBA with previous training in economics;
- Excellent English writing skills: ability to write clear, concise business reports is critical (subject to testing);
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (skills subject to testing);
- Working knowledge of French is an asset but not mandatory;
- Available to travel.
- New graduates and candidates with 1 to 3 years of related experience will be considered.