Quantitative Trade Analyst
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
Washington - United States
Seeking a self-driven individual with strong quantitative and programming skills to join the premier International Trade practice in Washington D.C.
• Provide development of statistical programs to analyze and compile client confidential data used in high-profile trade cases.
• Take projects from raw data files, through construction of SAS software programs, to analysis of price and cost drivers.
• Expected to test large client datasets for completeness and adherence to structured guidelines and assist in finding patterns and relationships in data.
• Must be comfortable working with senior attorneys and non-attorney professionals.
• Proficient in SAS statistical software, Microsoft Office 2010, with advanced MS Excel.
• Ability to conduct data mining to test accuracy and completeness of raw data, construct SAS data files, and write statistical programs.
• Ability to work efficiently in a high-paced environment under tight deadlines.
• Preferred candidate has a Master's degree and 3-5 years related experience, but will consider excellent candidates with a Bachelor's degree.
• Degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics or business.
• Candidate should be familiar with using validation techniques to format, process, and prepare complex calculations under specified guidelines.
• This position requires experience in relational database programming, research methods, data integrity testing, and has a preference for those candidates with knowledge of U.S. Department of Commerce antidumping investigation procedures.
• Candidate should be proficient in working with large-scale raw business data sets in Excel, and fluent in SAS programming language and SQL/C.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects.
• Comfortable working individually as well as part of a team.
• Some Accounting background a plus.
• Knowledge of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty proceedings.
• Language skills a plus (native/fluent) – in Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese or Spanish.
• Willingness to travel a plus.