IADB - Inter-American Development Bank
Washington, DC - United States
The "Emerging and Sustainable Cities Initiative, ESCI" employs a multidisciplinary approach to addressing the challenges facing the urban areas of LAC, integrating environmental sustainability, comprehensive urban development, fiscal sustainability and good governance. The Initiative will provide a set of tools for intermediate cities to be able to: (i) identify key bottlenecks that they may face in their path towards sustainability; (ii) weigh and prioritize the identified problems to guide investment decisions in the sectors that may generate more positive impacts; (iii) find specific adequate solutions according to their cost-benefit that would pave the road towards increasing sustainability ("prioritized interventions"). In addition solutions should take into consideration potential different local sources to finance them as well as the institutional capacity for their implementation; and (iv) follow up progress and advances in closing gaps and reaching goals.
The main scope of the consultant's work will be to provide support to the ESCI Financial Analyst in the areas of general administration, budget, finance, general coordination, and contracts and payments especially those related to the ECIS' pilot cities.
· Provide support in preparing terms of reference for contracting consultants, consulting firms, translators, editors, among others. Also provide support in processing these contracts and processing payments.
· Process providers' receipts or invoices and link them to the appropriate ESCI's operation for payments.
· Provides support in the budget planning, monitoring, and execution activities including expense recording, accruals, and contracting or procurement activities, ensuring accuracy and quality control of data and preparing related reports, as necessary.
· Administrative duties:
o Maintain and organized and updated filing system, documents, computer office files, reference materials.
o Prepare drafts, reports, forms, and variety of documents in English and Spanish.
o Draft, editing and review texts for accuracy.
o Uses systems and tools to generate data and produce reports and presentations, as needed.
o Follows up on pending assignments and requests and proper circulation of documents and corresponding concurrences/authorizations.
· Support the preparation and edition of technical documents required for the ESCI.
· Assist in the coordination, preparation, and development of activities needed for the ESCI in order to operate efficiently.
· The aforementioned activities are part of the position's main responsibilities; however, they do not exclude additional activities that may be necessary for completing tasks.
Characteristics of the consultancy
· Consultancy Category & Modality: Research Fellow.
· Place of work: IDB Headquarters in Washington, DC.
· Contract Duration : 18.5 months.
· Experience: 2 years of experience. International experience desirable.
· Education: Bachelor's degree and Master´s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field.
· Languages: English and Spanish.
· Other skills and knowledge: Understanding of multilateral organizations culture; excellent written and oral communication in English and Spanish; and cultural sensitivity.